Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 12 August 2017

Bright and shiny to rainy and old!

When I am in my craft room I usually have some music on - a real eclectic mix from tango through folk to musicals- and lots of others in between! I have always been an REM fan so they are on there too.
I had the journal page that I had used up the excess paint on still on my desk. We have had a few appointments to keep so hadn't really tidied anything away! The second song playing gave me an idea for Jo's Poetry In Motion theme at Art Journal Journey, not only that but a couple more challenges too!
I stamped Paper Artsy's Jo Firth-Young mini people three times - once onto my journal page, once onto card(coloured it in) and then the heads only onto a couple of gold chocolate wrappers and paper pieced them together. 
I added some bunting so that I could take part at Moo Mania and More for the Banners and Garlands theme.
I wrote out the name of the song that inspired me with gold pen and then outlined it with a black Micron pen
Just to brighten things up and to use up some of my foils I added some over the 'ground' I had made with alphabet and numbers form the minis!
I would also like enter at More Mixed Media Monthly - Anything Goes Bright Colours.


Last Tuesday I showed you some photos of Furness Abbey on a cloudy day. Here are a few more..









I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend! We are hoping to spot the Meteor shower later!

Thanks For looking, Chris


21 comments:

Helen said...

I love the page, and I love the photos of Furness Abbey! good luck meteor shower spotting! think there'll be too much street lighting here.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great journal page, love the colours. Thanks a lot for joining us at MMMM, much appreciated. Wonderful photos of Furness Abbey, glad they are working to stabilise it. Enjoy your weekend, it's been wet here so far. Hugs, Valerie

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous page, both fun and funky with those two little people, and stunning photos of Furness abbey, - must be a wonderful place to visit...

Let's Art Journal said...

I love that song too and I'm going to be singing it in my sleep now ... lol 😉. Your page is fabulous and you have really bought those shiny happy people to life with your bright background and paper pieced mini people! They are so cute with there shiny chocolate wrapper faces 😁. I enjoyed visiting the Abbey again and learning about how they are stabilising it. We're looking forward to spotting the meteor shower later too 😁. Thanks so much for linking your amazing happy page to Art Journal Journey and enjoy your weekend! J 😊

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic journal page, the little people looked such fun.
I enjoyed seeing more of the Abbey photos as well.
Yvonne xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a delightful page, Chris. Gold foil chocolate wrappers for the shiny heads - genius! Not only is the page delightful; but I'm marveling over how you created a page that works where almost everything is bright and bold - background and foreground. You should see the mess I made today trying to use a colorful background - lol.

Anonymous said...

wonderful page, fantastic idea
great photos!
Happy sunday
Elke

chrissie said...

The page is fantastic and inspiring to use the silver for he heads.

Great pics of the Abbey and it looks in far better condition than in days of old when I last visited. I have it on my list to go again when we visit my daughter in Cumbria.Thanks for sharing the pics

Love Chrissie xx

Unknown said...

Made me smile looking at your fabulous work this morning, really good x

Rosie said...

What a gorgeous journal page.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE.

kathyinozarks said...

awesomejournal page-love the people in it-and thanks for more Abbey photos
enjoy your day Kathy

Carol said...

Love the art today and THANK YOU SO MUCH for the new ABBY PHOTOS!!!!!!

Rita said...

Love the journal page, so it got me wondering about the song. (REM was kind of after my time so I wasn't familiar with them.) Just listened to a few songs and watched the videos that went with them. Happy People, Losing My Religion, and Everybody Hurts--this old lady was impressed. ;)

Gorgeous pics, too. Love the stone passageways. Have a great week. :)

froebelsternchen said...

I love your fun peoplke and the page Chris and fabulous to see this photos of Furness Abbey - thank you for another fantastic post and page linke to AJJ!
Happy start of the new week for you!
oxo Susi

froebelsternchen said...

And I forgot to mention how happy you made me to join Moo Mania & More dear Chris! Thank you very much!
oxo Susi

Redanne said...

They really do like like Shiny Happy People, such a great page Chris, it certainly made me feel happy. As always, your photographs are a delight to see! Hugs, Anne xx

Electra said...

Wow, glorious photos! And I love your bright Mixed Media!

Juliz Design Post said...

What an adorable page and super fun. Great photos TFS.
Julie x

Words and Pictures said...

Tee hee - your shiny happy people are such fun, and I adore the sparkling foil accents in the "ground" too - echoing their shimmering faces. Fabulous layered background too, full of energy. Furness Abbey looks truly spectacular, and your wildflower silhouette photo is magical. I can see that as a background for a tag or page right away!
Alison x

My name is Erika. said...

That's a cheery art piece Chris. Those kids are so cute. And I love seeing more of the abbey. I think ruins are really fascinating, and we don't have such old ruins here. Maybe that makes them more romantic to me. Hugs-Erika

Michele said...

your art is lovely! gorgeous photos as well. xo