Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 1 November 2017

101 ways to keep warm...

….well, more or less!!!
I must tell you how honoured and excited I am to be asked back to Art Journal Journey as a guest host once again! Thank You Susi!

As Winter draws near(we are back to dark evenings here in the UK) I have chosen  ‘101 Ways To Keep Warm’ as my theme.

I have in mind cosy nights in, warm clothing, hot drinks and food, sheep and other woolly animals, exercise(if you must!!!), 
candles, anything that gives you a warm glow(I think Hygge might be the term now)!
In the UK it is very nearly Bonfire night which is on the 5th November and the song 'Keep The Home Fires Burning' always reminds me of Armistice Day on the 11th November.
That brings me to the whole range of warm colours too!
I used Distress Inks - some through stencils, to start my page and added some circles from one of Lin Brown's Paper Artsy sets.
I also spattered some ink too! The mug and mitts image was a freebie  which I stamped onto some freezer paper - I used water colours to colour it. I mounted it onto some inked book paper along with a ripped tag that was stamped randomly and a scrap from my desk and added some steam with a white pen. The sentiment is from another of Lynn Brown's sets.

I hope that between us we can find 101 ways to keep us warm this Winter. I am looking forward to visiting your blogs to see your ideas on how to keep warm!

Thanks for looking, Chris


20 comments:

Helen said...

I could do with a warming mug of something to hold.. it's chilly!! Great page, great theme.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, I'm just drinking hot coffee here. Have fun! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

An awesome theme and a fantastic page dear Chris! I am so glad you are gosting AJJ again!
oxo
Susi

Unknown said...

That's a lovely theme I feel cosy thinking about it. Beautiful Page x x

craftytrog said...

Love your page Chris, and fab new theme for AJJ!
Alison xxx

My name is Erika. said...

Great theme this month Chris. I love the cup with mittens-although I don't want to think that snow is that close to coming. :) Happy new month. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic inspirational page Chris. you have chosen a super theme for this month at AJJ. I love your main focus of the cup warming the hands.
Yvonne xx

Daniela Rogall said...

Great page! I look forward to see 101 ways to keep warm. Winter is wonderful but not my season.
Thanks for this fantastic inspiration and the challenge these month.
Dani

Linda Kunsman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Kunsman said...

another lovely theme to create around for the month! Beautiful journal page to start it off Chris!

Words and Pictures said...

What a great theme you've chosen, and what a beautiful page to kick the month off - warm and soothing. I am sure you'll inspire some wonderful journalling this month.
Alison x

Redanne said...

Such a lovely theme Chris and I love the way you represented it with the mug and mits, they are lovely! Hugs, Anne xx

Kate Yetter said...

Exactly how I am feeling right now! A mug with warm tea sounds amazing. I love your page and the soft color palette and that delicate background! So pretty!
Kate

Joan said...

Love your theme of keeping warm, I've just got in after a fun night with our Wednesday group watching a chocolatier making gorgeous chocs and we did get to sample them too. Lovely image of the mitts round a mug, I think it's hot chocolate !

Joan

Anonymous said...

beautiful Journal page oja what warm one needs now if it gets colder that you have expressed great!
I wish you much joy as host this month !
Greetings Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I simply adore your AJJ theme, dear. It's a beautiful way to art up the meaning of your journal. I see so much fun and warmth this month with you at the helm of AJJ.

Unknown said...

Great theme you have choosen! your page looks cosy and warm! Love it!
Maja.

Alienne said...

A great idea for this month!!! Thank you. <3
It is not yet very cold here in Germany at the moment but there sure are to come colder and above all very wet and grey days.
Your mug of hot tea or maybe what we call "Gluehwein" (spiced hot red wine) will be very welcome then.
Thanks for your prompt and lovely page.
Alienne

Let's Art Journal said...

Lovely page! The layered elements and circle stamp look fabulous 😁. Glad to see you hosting AJJ this month with your great new theme, I hope to join you soon 😁. Wishing you a Happy November! J 😊

Daniela Rogall said...

Wonderful page. I love all elements in your page.