Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 7 November 2017

Home Sweet Home

Good Morning!
As you may know we like to travel around a bit, but there is nothing like coming back home.

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Home Sweet Home'. The design team have some fabulous samples to show you and the rules are on the blog too!

It's rather different for us these days, as five years ago we moved from an old house to an apartment, the plus side is - our heating bills are down!
 My page didn't quite turn out how I planned - I just wasn't happy with it.It started as planned with a coat of gesso and some Distress Crayons, stencilled some hearts and stamped in some Lavinia words, some text and some splodges from a Lin Brown PA set.
Unfortunately my first stamping with the Woodware house didn't turn out well so I stamped it again onto some Prima patterned paper and tore it out - still not right!  
Once I had fussy cut the house I stamped several elements on the house onto different papers and fussy cut them too.
I used a Lavinia quote stamp but cut the words out and wrote 'Definitely' to add to them.

This is also my latest page for Art Journal Journey with my '101 Ways To Keep Warm'. A home with a Welcome is always warm.
What makes you feel warm? I'd love to see your journal page

I'm also looking forward to seeing what you make for TIOT, whether it be a journal page, a card or a mixed media piece. The challenge runs until 20th November.
  Thanks for looking, Chris



   

19 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

I think the page turned out super - don't know why you sound so dissatisfied with it?!
I love the warm colours and the background - in short I am very happy with such a wonderful page!You always create the most beautiful pages Chris! And yes I am with you - HOME IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD!
I loved to read that the roses I painted brought memories of your father to you - LOVELY!
Have a great T-Day and I really hope you have still fun with the theme- I like it very much and have even some ideas more... hopefully I can create all I have in mind...time always flies - you know!
oxo Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page Chris, love the colours, too. Have a great day, and thanks again for the tip-off yesterday! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Chris it is a fabulous page, you should be pleased not disappointed.
I have to agree that it feels good to be home after a trip away.
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

This is brilliant, Chris... great colours and perfect design!

Mrs.B said...

It may not be what you planned, but it turned out brilliantly, the fussy cut elements work well with the colour of the page.
Avril xx

Rosie said...

A wonderful and lovely page

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Chris! Love the background and the house!
Alison xx

Marjut said...

Beautiful page, great colours and design.

Linda Kunsman said...

this is a beautiful looking page Chris! I love how you added images to the house.

Joan said...

Fabulous page Chris, the background is beautiful and after all your trials and tribulations your little house turned out just fine in the end.

ps; I do have two cats who love to sit on the window sills (inside where its warm) but only one of them is black, I call him my little witchy cat.

Joan

Lula said...

Love your page Chris - and your warm welcome! This is a wonderful take on our theme. The house stamp is great!
Lula oxo

Carol said...

Love your page but fully understand your frustration when things don't go as you planned ♥

Redanne said...

It really is a beautiful page Chris, I love the colour and the house is brilliant, what a great stamp! Hugs, Anne xx

Rita said...

Lovely page! Welcome back. :)

Helen said...

looks pretty good to me, but I hate it when something doesn't turn out quite how you planned!

Pamellia said...

Fantastic page Chris. Sometimes it takes a few tries before getting it just the way you want it, I hear that! I never really felt home is where the heart is until we moved out here to our garden home. Turns out, my heart was in a different place than I was! lol. hugs :)

Linda Kunsman said...

back to respond to the comment you left on my blog. of course you can add my blog to your blog roll:) I don't know how to do that...

maj. said...

Wonderful creation!!!

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! The house stamp you used looks wonderful - I love it 😁. Wishing you a lovely week! J 😊