Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Nature's Beauty at TIOT

We have a new theme at Try It On Tuesday and of course there is so much to see - especially as we now seem to have some better weather! When we went for a local walk the other day we were surprised at the differences that had occurred in just five days!
The Design Team have made some amazing examples so please do take a look here.

Those of you that know me won't be surprised that my choice includes flowers!

I started by wanting to use one of the gelli plate prints I had made. I have had some aperture cards for a while but the pile doesn't seem to go down - my little print fitted perfectly inside so a card it is!!
 I intended keeping it really simple but couldn't resist a bit of spattering! The flowers here are a TH wildflower die cut and a little flower from set I bought at the Orsay Museum in Paris last year.

I love wildflowers as much as cultivated ones - my Mum used to be forever receiving bunches of wild flowers, while Dad, a professional gardener at a nursery, used to become quite frustrated by my begging him to leave a weed in the garden until it had flowered! 
The small flowers represent the white blossom on the trees, that are already beginning to lose some of their petals! I love to see them blowing in the breeze! 

I look forward to seeing Natures Beauty through your eyes. I will try to visit when I have a connection!

Thank you for looking,Chris


16 comments:

Rosie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Yvonne

Let's Art Journal said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the Gelli print and how it represents pretty blossoms and your design with those wonderful flowers and splatters is perfect 😁. I hope you are having a lovely week, have fun! J 😊 x

Meggymay said...

This is a beautiful card Chris, I love the colours and the splatters as well as those delicate flowers.
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

This is so pretty, Chris. Love it!

Cath x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Chris, the gelling print works so well with your flower stamping and die cut.
Avril xx

Joan said...

A really lovely card Chris, love the gelli plate piece in the aperture, makes me think I should not have given away the stack of aperture cards I had.

Joan

Rita said...

So cute! Love the little flowers and the splattering, too. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your story of your family's differing views on wildflowers. I am the pro-wildflower end of things, but I like anything that'll grow on my patio ;) Your card is lovely :)

Helen said...

I love this card, Chris, it is just perfect.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Great combination of your Gelli print and aperture card Chris, your splatters are so controlled, mine end up going everywhere ending with more on me than anything!! Have to agree about wildflowers, they always appear so carefree.
Beautiful card.
Creative wishes Tracey x

Marjut said...

What a stunning card!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have NO idea how I missed this, but this is very,very clever. And your gelli print fits perfectly inside the stamped card, too. Good for you, dear.

My name is Erika. said...

love the splatter of flowers across the front of this piece. It's really all about spring now, isn't it? hope you are having fun in Paris. Hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Lovely Chris - and the perfect foil for the TH diecut flower. Love your story about when you were a child.
Hugs, Neet xx

chrissie said...

A really special card and a wonderful way to display your great gelli plate design

Love Chrissie xx

Words and Pictures said...

That's a delightfully pretty card - I love the flowers falling across the aperture, and that amazing Gelli print at the heart of it.
Alison x